Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Independence

Being able to depend on just yourself is a beautiful thing. I hate needing other people. I hate it because they will always let you down. When you can do it all by yourself, you know that it will get done. There is no one to disappoint you. You can be proud of yourself, and feel strong. I have spent my whole life trying to be independent. Most people don't understand it. My parents least of all. I have tried to explain this to them, but they insist that I should be asking them for help. I admit, life would probably be easier if I got help for some things, but it seems to me that when I do end up asking for help, there are consequences that I am not prepared to face. I would rather take the consequences of NOT asking for help. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment